Open water swimming - CLOSED
MerseyTri organises open water sessions for the benefit of its members. Wetsuits, swim hats and goggles are required as the water temperatures are significantly lower than swimming pools.
It is essential that before embarking on open water swimming that individuals are competent swimmers and can swim 1500m in a pool environment. This is due to much larger swim distances involved, fewer exit areas and the ability to adjust to a different swim environment and temperatures.
* Membership is required to attend an open water session. Members will be asked to present their membership card or registration email before entering the water. If unable to present a valid membership card or registration email, you will not be allowed to enter the water.
The Open Water Season
The season is likely to run from mid April to mid September.
Venues used for club sessions included:
Commences Sunday 3rd April, with weekly sessions starting Wednesday 6th April 2016. All swimmers must register with NOWCA for access.
- Wednesday evening 17:30-20:30PM
- Sunday morning 9:30-11:30AM
Crosby Lakeside Adventure Centre, Crosby Marina
Commences Saturday 30th April and Monday 2nd May 2016. If temperature is <11° no swim, <14° wetsuit compulsory. All swimmers need a bright swim hat,
- Monday evening 18:00-19:30
- Saturday morning 10:00-11:30
- Club Aquathon events TBC
West Kirby Marine Lake, Wirral
Commences Saturday 30th April 2016.
- Saturday morning 07:00-08:30