North Lancashire Time Trials Association (NLTTA)
Combined Clubs Season Opener
Consent form required for under 18’s
PLEASE BRING ON THE DAY IF NOT SUBMITTED ALREADY
The Time: 2pm Saturday 7th March 2015
The Place: L105 course Barton/A6/Myerscough
Entry fee is £4 seniors and £2 juniors/juveniles
Entries via club secretaries
INFO REQUIRED (Name, Address, Emergency Tel No. Age.)
Promoted for and on behalf of Cycling Time Trials under their rules and regulations on
Saturday 7th March 2015 at 14:00hrs
Start timekeeper: Richard Taylor
Finish timekeeper: TBC
First Rider - 14:01hrs
Event Secretary – Derek Parkinson 07872 678314
Bilsborrow Village Hall, Gar5stang Road, Bilsborrow, Preston, PR3 0JA. Please return your number to the HQ after the event where refreshments will be available. Please allow plenty of time to get from the HQ to the Start
Course Details L105
START on the west side of A6 at Barton at a point directly opposite the northern-most upright of Lych-gate to church to north side of Boars Head Hotel. Proceed north along A6 (CAUTION – new traffic island at Brock) to Kirkland Bridge (4.42 miles) where bear left along A586 to St. Michaels to take the first left over the river bridge into Hall Lane (6.86 miles). Continue along unclassified road past Myerscough College to FINISH at telegraph pole No.114 on south side of road approx. 100 yards east of Moss Lane (10 MILES). http://www.mapmyride...es/view/1172125
Course record: 19:34 Mr Gethin Butler
The following Local Regulations have been approved by the National Committee in accordance with Regulation 38. Any breaches may lead to disciplinary action being taken.
- 5 In ALL events competitors prior to starting are not permitted to ride past the Finish Timekeeper for the duration of the event.
- 6 ALL competitors making a U turn in the vicinity of the Start or Finish area will be disqualified from the event.
- 15 Riders must keep to the left hand side of the road except when overtaking. Failure to comply with the above may lead to disqualification.
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE
- *Riders must give their number at the finish and elsewhere on the course if requested
- *Riders must NOT STAND in the road at the start or the finish. (This constitutes obstruction and is a breach of Regulation 49)
- *Riders must NOT ride with their heads down. Regulation 50
- “In the interests of your own safety, Cycling Time Trials and the event promoters strongly advise you to wear a HARD SHELL HELMET that meets an internationally accepted safety standard”
- For juniors the wearing of these Helmets is compulsory.
- Please also note a copy of the Risk Assessment for the course will be available to read at the HQ
- Lights – CTT Recommends that a working rear light, either flashing or constant, is fitted to the machine in a position clearly visible to following road users and is active whilst the machine is in use.
Prizes (one prize per rider except team)
Please ensure your correct age/category is marked on the signing on sheet to determine prizes. Fastest male = £15, 2nd = £10, 3rd = £5
Fastest female = £15, 2nd = £10, 3rd = £5
Fastest first time male = £10
Fastest first time female = £10
Fastest team of FIVE = £5 each
Fastest 40-49 year old = £5
Fastest 50-59 year old = £5
Fastest 60+ year old = £5
Fastest Junior = £5
Fastest Juvenile = £5
NB Prizes to be collected on the day or will be donated to the next NLTTA prize fund.
Entry forms and payment to Derek Parkinson, at email@example.com or 103 St Andrews Road North, St Annes-on-Sea, Lancashire, FY8 2JG by 24 February.