There was a successful AGM held on 4th of December with 27 members present.
The minutes of the AGM which can be downloaded HERE act as the clubs annual report, A summary of key highlights can be found below:
- Paul Skipper appointed Mersey Tri Chairman
- Alan Kirkam made club president for 30th anniversary year
- Most committee positions filled
- The committee position of secretary is vacant. This is against out club constitution. We NEED to fill this position.
- Treasurer reported. Club in good financial health. Expenditure report & budget presented.
- New website designed & launched. Looks great & functions well.
- Regular newsletters have been sent to members detailing the clubs activities
- Membership card has been automated, increasing reactivity & has back end safety benefits
- Set order windows for kit have been established as well as a 30th anniversary kit to kick of celebrations in style.
- Highly successful first running of a senior triathlon & continued success of junior events
- Membership no.s at 440 (Jnr+Snr). Slightly down on previous year
- Volunteers no.s could be better at events and Open water training session
- Club now affiliated to England athletics we need a volunteer to manage this or we will be unable to register athletes
- 5 coaches in training but there is still a need for more.
- Alvin Cooney given lifetime membership for services to Mersey Tri
- Club is 30 years old in 2015 & wants to mark the occasion
Those are just a snapshot of what’s been a great year. The club is run by members for members, it’s continuing success relies on members to do their bit for the club when they can.