As decided by the club Committee and in accordance with Club Rules, subscriptions for membership are taken online using an “Annual Rolling 12 Month” System. Renewal reminders and links are sent one month before membership expires.
Membership subscriptions are charged as follows:
- Adult - £20.00 (17 years and above)
- Adult Concession - £10.00 (unwaged)
- Youth - £5 (16 years and below)
Please click the Join the Club link to proceed to online application and payment.
We look forward to seeing you on the Start Line! Please note: Proof of membership is required for scheduled Open Water Swims.
England Athletics Affiliation: Mersey Tri Fact Sheet
Do I have to join England athletics?
- No, its an optional extra
What are the benefits?
- Avoid the £2 levy at UKA affiliated races
- Take part in cross country
- For full benefits see the England athletics webpage.
What does it cost?
- £14. We pay England athletics £13 for each athlete we register. The remainder is to cover club affiliation & administration costs. This needs to be renewed each calendar year.
Why is it offered through the club?
- Mersey Tri normally leave it up to each individual to decide and manage their own affiliations e.g. Triathlon England, British Cycling etc.
- England athletics require clubs to manage affiliations and there was desire from the membership for the opportunity so the club have affiliated to provide members with the option.
When will I receive my card?
- When registering for the first time it can take some time for the membership card to come through (It has been known to take a couple of months).
- We can find your EA No. via the website.
- Once you receive your card keep it safe, you will not receive a new card each year.
I’m already affiliated to an athletics club. How does this affect me?
- It depends on your situation & intentions
- If you want to run for your existing running club
- Do not select the optional extra England athletics membership option
- It is fine to race triathlons or to just be a member of Mersey Tri & race for another running club.
- There is the option to register as a second claim without payment. This should be discussed with our England athletics coordinator.
If you want to run for Mersey Tri:
You will need to select and pay for the additional membership option. You will need to complete a change of first claim club form and be de registered from your previous club. More information and the relevant forms can be found on the England athletics website.
**If you have previously been registered with another athletics club even if you have not run with or for them in some time the change of first claim form may be required. There is fee associated with this levied by England athletics.**
Where we cannot register you as a first claim member the £2 administrative fee will not be reimbursed.
Mersey Tri (the Club), is affiliated to Triathlon England and undertakes to comply with T.E.’s “Good Practice in Triathlon” policy. The Club is not registered with the Data Protection Agency but undertakes to comply with the Data Protection Act.
Your personal details will only be used for the administration of the Club’s affairs and will not be passed to a third party without your consent.