Mersey Tri is willing to support those Members who want to coach club sessions and welcomes applications for financial support from Members who wish to:
- develop further their coaching abilities to improve the quality of the sessions they provide for the Club;
- support existing coached sessions;
- develop and start delivering new coached sessions;
- focus on either one or several disciplines, for any age group.
Following on from recent reforms, Triathlon England will only recognise coaches who have passed one of the following courses:
- coaching level 1 (L1);
- coaching level 2 (L2);
- coaching level 3 (L3).
These courses are provided by Triathlon England. For more information on entry requirements, dates, and differences between the levels, please refer to Triathlon England's website.
What support is available?
The Club will cover the cost of the course fee if the criteria for support is fulfilled and sufficient Club funds are available.
What is the procedure?
If you enrol on one of the Triathlon England courses, you can seek financial support from the Club. It is your responsibility to book a place, attend, and successfully complete the course.
Click here to see the process in a flow chart. It can be summarised as follows
- Download and complete the Financial Support Application form;
- Submit the form during one of the application windows;
- The coaching sub-committee will assess your application and pass on its recommendation to the Treasurer for financial approval;
- The Club will inform you of the final decision; all decisions are final and cannot be appealed;
- Fees will be reimbursed upon production of the course completion certificate.
Note that the Club will provide First Aid training to all coaches. You will also be subject to a basic security clearance.
Once qualified, you are expected to either support existing coached sessions or to develop a new one. Please refer to Triathlon England's website to know the limits and conditions attached to each coaching level.
The current window is 4th August to 15th August 2016.